Still unsure if you want to create a video for marketing purposes? Here are 10 reasons why you must jump on this trend.
Video is Already Popular
1. 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales or communications.
If you are the 7% not using video for online marketing, you are definitely missing out.
2. Searches for how-to videos have increased by over 70% year over year.
People prefer to learn through video and this trend is skyrocketing.
Videos Resonate Better with Customers
3. 80% of your online visitors will watch a video, while only 20% will actually read content.
Videos are much more appealing when a customer gets on your website.
4. After viewing a video about a company, 75% of users visit the marketer’s website.
Videos entice users to complete a call to action, which can be to browse the website.
5. In email marketing, using the word “video” in the email subject lines boosts open rates 19%, click-through rates by 65%, and reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
We’d rather watch a video in our email than read a bunch of text.
Videos are Preferred in Searches
6. When both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, 59 percent of senior executives surveyed preferred to watch the video.
7. In search, video now appears in 70% of the top 100 search results listings.
When searching on Google, videos come up higher.
Video is the Future
8. By 2017, 74% of all Internet traffic will be video. This increasing trend will only be higher in subsequent years.
9. For marketers, 76% plan to add video to their websites (it’s a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter, and blogging).
10. In the near future, 64% of marketers expect video to dominate their strategies.
With all these numbers proving the value of online video, how could you not capitalize on this trend?