Video Marketing for Law Firms
A Step by Step Guide
Should law firms have a video marketing strategy?
YES. If you’re a law firm looking to increase visibility and get more leads and customers, making marketing videos can be your business’s game-changer. Videos will help you to:
- Increase your law firm’s visibility: Businesses with videos have higher organic traffic. Additionally, video is more shareable than written content alone, which helps with brand visibility.
- Educate your prospect: For non-lawyers, some legal concepts and situations may be hard to understand. By making educational video content, you will educate your audience and have a better-informed client.
- Build trust: If you educate your prospects, they will trust you. Earning your audience’s confidence will increase their likelihood of doing business with you.
Steps to a successful video marketing strategy:
1. Know your target:
You first must identify what type of persona you want to serve.
What does their financial situation look like?
What problems do they have?
Where do they live?
Where do they get their information from?
2. Know your value proposition as a law firm
You can be a specialist in a particular legal field, such as a tax lawyer. Or your firm can be a “good for every scenario” type of firm.
But to sell yourself to your prospects, you must know what separates you from other firms:
- Is it your hourly rate?
- Are you an expert in a particular field?
- Do you work quicker than the competition?
Know your value prop, and communicate it to the right audience. And you have 50% of your strategy down.
3. Know your video marketing metrics.
Metrics will vary depending on the type of content your produce.
For top-of-the-funnel content you want to track:
- Website Traffic
- Number of shares
For the middle of the funnel, you should track:
- Percentage of the video viewed
- Leads generated
For Bottom of the Funnel:
- Lead quality
- Conversion rate
4. Distribute your videos
Once you have your videos, you must get them in front of people. There are different channels you can use to do this:
Organic and Owned Distribution Channels
- Google SERP (SEO)
- Social Media
- Email Newsletter
- Youtube Ads
- Social Media Ads
- Google Ads
You must know where your audience spends time online and be present there. Video distribution is a vital part of your video marketing strategy.
Implementing a video marketing strategy in 2023 is a great way to boost your law firm’s reach and campaign performance. If you need some help creating your video, try out our easy-to-use video editor, or talk to one of our editors to get a quote for your video.